"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pages

Friday, 8 July 2011

Home

Scenes from around our home.
I have been washing lots of dirty fleeces. I love to watch the clean fleece being gently blown by the wind as it hangs on the washing line - just like like soft clouds.
As always, lots of insect investigating.
We spotted this beautiful moth in the garden.
A magnificent big violet ground beetle.
 Wasp larva in an oak gall.
We have been busy with our garden too.
I love the purple flowers on the broad beans.
And lots of kale.
And our animal friends. Lavender silkies.
Sweet dwarf rabbits. We have a black and a grey and they are just too lovely!
And two very, very special, cuddly guinea pigs.

15 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures - nice to see what you are up to. I read a while ago about making writing ink from galls. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my those boys of yours truly have a wonderful life, thank your for a glimpse of your your summer so far :)
    Blessings sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, I hope you get to enjoy the broad beans soon.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I miss our little Silkie. They are such sweet birds. Maybe one day we'll get another. We have a few oak galls on our oak tree, but not as many as some years. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous post, i love how your eyes are always so open to that what's around you...so inspirational! oh guinea pigs :-) hugs Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you think that is the sort of beetle that A A Milne wrote about in the poem about Alexander Beetle that Nanny let out and he ran away?
    What sort of broadbeans do you have because ours never get purple flowers, only white.
    ...and I forgot the third thing I was going to ask you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely xxx
    Silkies are a favourite here too.

    Broad Beans are a favourite of mine too, I love the flowers and the beans, ours have all been picked now this year, although I did manage to freeze some. We eat the tips of the plants when we pinch them out too - a bit like pea-shoots, they are so nice.

    Blessings for the weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the lighting in that first picture ... very pretty :) The bunnies look cute too!
    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful photos. Your home is like a home in a children's book! What a lovely glimpse into your life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kelly,
    We too have been away from the blogging world for a while. Posting and running is all I am doing at the moment. It is always to good to revisit your blog. Your boys all look happy and healthy. and great insect finds!
    Chat soon dear Kelly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tanya
    Thank you for visiting and for your fun comment.
    It would be lovely to imagine that that beetle is the same sort as Alexander Beetle. I haven't a clue what variety those broad beans are. Unfortunately, I didn't keep the packet - silly of me. Although we always have purple flowers. I don't think I have seen white flowers on any of our broad beans. Sorry not to be of any use on that one. and the third thing..if you remember..just let me know!
    Best wishes
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have your own little farm there Kelly. When did you get all those wonderful little fluffies... I feel that you are settling now. they are adorable. so so cute. You have some little Entomologists in your home. I really must get that insect magazines you recommended. What are you going to do with all that fleece?

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww, those little silkies are so cute:) beautiful garden photos

    ReplyDelete
  14. Benjamin loves rabbits. We see them at our state's agriculture fair each year and he is always interested in them. At the pet store, he's drawn to them.

    I've seen they can be litter trained--and I've considered bring one into our home (rather than being outside in a bunny hutch). Not sure how one keeps a bunny from chewing up cords and furniture, though! :(

    Oh, and I always love seeing your sweet, happy boys. You are one special mama. XOXO

    ReplyDelete