Last week was a second week of focusing on form drawing. We covered shapes - circles, squares, triangles, diamonds, four leaf clovers and stars. I continued to use our shimmering web story-telling spider stories to cover the forms. My final story was about a harvest moon celebration. All the woodland creatures from our wood attended and each creature brought along different shaped tasty foods to share at a feast under the harvest moon. All the boys loved the story which I told while we sat on the edge of a field next to a spider's web snacking on oranges and carrots!
We used the straw left amongst the wheat stubble after the harvest and baling to form the shapes and then walked them. Here is a star.

After that we made a tyrannosaurus rex shape and I think he might have gobbled Sol up!

This week we are focusing on Michaelmas and then a short trip away at the end of the week for a special 7th birthday celebration.
No comments:
Post a Comment