"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pages

Thursday, 19 September 2013

Mantises hatching and insect posters

A few months back, Sol had a couple of praying mantises that laid egg cases.  He was so lucky to notice the first egg case hatch!

 Just look at that tiny head peeping out.
 Wriggle, wiggle.
 Jump out.  Stand about a bit to dry..
 and then off to explore!
 Then the next mantis baby pops out!
 About ten little mantises came out of this egg case.


We worked on creating insect posters recently and stuck them up in Sol's room a.k.a the museum!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! How wonderful! We've discovered our egg casings after the hatch...but never just as someone is popping his head out into our big, wide world!

    And I love the insect poster -- the boys did a wonderful job. I think it's great they hang them up (we do too)...so many kids' projects just get thrown away or stored, when they should be displayed and celebrated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaahh, Yet another post I missed Kelly! How did I miss all of these first time around? It is so lovely to see the insect posters Sol made, they are beautiful and we would have loved to watch those mantises hatching out with you - wow!

    ReplyDelete