The wild autumn pudding turned out to be delicious. I was so pleased with it. My wild family gobbled it all up!
Recipe:
8 - 10 slices of wholemeal bread
Milk
600g wild autumn fruits - blackberries, stoned sloes, elderberries, a few rosehips, crab apples
Honey or sugar or whatever other sweetener you prefer to sweeten to taste
Cut around 10 slices of bread and cut off crusts. Moisten with milk and line the sides and bottom of a deep dish with the slices, making sure the slices overlap so that they will hold together when the pudding is turned out.
Cook the fruit, sweetened with honey / other sweetener for around 10 minutes.
Fill the pudding dish with the fruit and cover the top with more slices of moistened bread.
Cover the top with greaseproof paper.
Place a plate or something similar on top to gently weigh down the pudding.
Stick in the fridge overnight.
Next day, turn out, warm and brown in the oven and serve with cream, custard, ice cream.

Sounds yummy! I wonder (for those of us vegan) if soy milk would work? I'm inspired to try. :)
ReplyDeleteHi Jennifer
ReplyDeleteI am sure soy milk would work. Hope you like it if you try!
Mama, that looks wonderful, yum.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous pictures on your blog and inspiration aplenty.
Mama, I am going to see you next year, spent some time with you and your lovely family .. it is on my list for 2011.
always love x
This looks super delicious :) Thanks for sharing ...
ReplyDelete