

Mother Earth
Eileen Hutchins
Mother Earth,
Mother Earth,
Take our seed
And give it birth.
Father Sun,
Gleam and glow,
Until the roots
Begin to grow.
Sister Rain,
Sister Rain,
Shed thy tears
To swell the grain.
Brother Wind,
Breathe and blow
Then the blade
Green will grow.
Earth and Sun
And wind and rain,
Turn to gold
The living grain.


We give thanks to Mother Earth.
beeauutiful!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos! The poem reminds me of the one by Saint Francis, The Canticle of Brother Sun and Sister Moon. Have you ever seen it?
ReplyDeleteWe love this song, too! Such idyllic pictures. Makes me feel like I'm sitting right there with you all. :)
ReplyDeleteI love the way you share the beauty around your home Kelly. We sing that song also :)
ReplyDeleteHi Phyllis
ReplyDeleteI've just enjoyed reading Saint Francis's Canticle of Brother Sun. I see the similarities. Beautiful. Thank you for mentioning it.
Best wishes, Kelly
How wonderful Kelly, the photo of you with your babe in a sling brings back so many memories:) Beautiful photos.
ReplyDeleteTake care
Linda
always giving thanks for you xx
ReplyDeleteOh, that last photo melts my heart. He's a beautiful little soul.
ReplyDeleteWhich sling is that? I love the material so much .
Blessings
Gina xxx
Dear Gina,
ReplyDeleteThat babe gets smothered with kisses and cuddles here - poor little guy!
The sling is a Maya ring sling that has lasted through 3 babes now!
Love
Kelly
When Michael and I got married, our wedding song was Sting's "Field of Gold."
ReplyDeleteI see now what inspired him...please keep taking pictures of your beautiful fields and your beautiful family enjoying them! :)
I dream of wheat fields, so beautiful. The children look like little flowers amongst the wheat...We have our favorite Maya and as the children grew older the ergo carrier saved my shoulders, little babe looks so comfortable snuggled up in your arms. Who needs a stroller?
ReplyDeleteLove this poem, and would love to know how the tune goes!
ReplyDeleteKelly, I wanted to let you know that I was inspired by you... I named my son Sol! It wasn't our original plan, but he was born on the summer solstice and the name couldn't have been more perfect. Thank you for influencing my life in ways I never expected!
Amanda
Oh, your little babe is growing so big already! It's nice to see your kids running through the wheat fields! We've got loads of them here, reds and whites... I just can't get enough of them.
ReplyDeleteAmanda,
ReplyDeleteYou have been in my thoughts. I'm so happy for you all. A perfect happy, bright, powerful name for a very special boy born on summer solstice. Goodness me, what great things will unfold on your son's path through life with such a birth day and such a fitting name! Blessings to your precious, blessed babe.
Love this post! BTW, I wanted to let you know I've passed on "A Blog With Substance" award to you over at www.homegrownaturally.blogspot.com :)
ReplyDeleteSuch beauty. And those lyrics are PERFECT :-)
ReplyDeleteThat last photo is just wonderful!
ReplyDeleteFields of grass blowing in the wind are so calming... they carry all my troubles away and are almost hypnotic. In fact, wind across a wheat field was one of my labor and delivery visualizations.
Love your little one tucked in the sling. :-)