"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pages

Friday, 28 May 2010

Den building in the rain

Recently we went for a walk and it started to pour down with rain as we reached the woods. We sheltered under a fir tree and told woodland inspired stories whilst waiting for the rain to ease off, then the boys decided to make themselves a den to live in in case they needed to stay in the woods all day!!



They did a fine job!

4 comments:

  1. Dear Kelly,
    What a lovely den! Thank you so much for your very kind and supportive words about my father while he was ill:) I really appreciated them:) You are a dear friend.I am so glad you enjoyed the farm photos, there is nothing like African skies and landscape... I think we will always live here:) Hope you come back soon...
    Love
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool experience and a lovely den!...Memories like that are priceless...Thanks for sharing...I will look at getting caught in the rain differently now :-0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Kelly

    I know Aaron and Olivia would just thrive on a morning walk like this. The air must be so clean and fresh. I have just run outside to take photo's of an eagle flying around our property. They don't normally stay in built up areas. He has been around for sometime and I must say is making me nervous with all our chickens.

    Have a lovely weekend Kelly
    Lots of love
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dens and forts are always a good idea, in my book. Places of magic, to be sure.

    ReplyDelete