"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pages

Monday, 29 March 2010

Sunday

Well, I didn't even manage to stay awake for Earth Hour on Saturday night! I fell asleep with the boys and my poor husband spent a peaceful, but lonely hour reading by candlelight alone. Our boys took it in turns to have a vomiting bug last week but this morning they are all better with sparkling eyes and rosy cheeks again. Thank goodness our new babe didn't decide it would be a good week to decide to arrive. Giving birth and cleaning up sick wouldn't have gone too well!



Last week, Sol started reading and towards the end of the week, he picked up knitting and he is knitting little Noah a scarf. He is so happy with himself and it is lovely having him sit beside me as a knitting companion.



We have started on the Four Processes of Maths and had a great time sharing out strawberries which Gnome Divide had provided for a snack on our gnome division adventure.



The primroses are up and have little buds. The blackthorns are about to burst into bloom covering the hedgerows with their white blossom.



Wild violets are peeking here and there and the carpet of dog's mercury in the woods is emerging and adding green to the woods.



We loved this - a dog mercury plant has sprouted underneath an old snail shell lifting it up and up as it grows towards the sun.

12 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that little hands knitting photo, so beautiful! Mia, who is 5, would love to learn to knit, I need to find some child friendly wooden needles for her now.

    Kelly, thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. When I found your blog a few days ago it brightened my day so much. I love seeing another family, whose children are allowed to get *really* muddy! We often get either bemused or disapproving looks when ours cover themselves from head to foot in mud or strip of to swim in the river.

    I read right back through your blog while drinking camomile tea last night! I am so inspired by the creative and lovely learning projects that you do with your boys. And I wanted to ask, are there books you would recommend, I would love to pinch some of your ideas!
    Such an exciting time for your whole family too, expecting a new little soul too :)

    I look forward to reading lots more from your inspiring family life.
    Bright blessings
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely post as always. I am thinking of you as your birthing time draws near. Much love to you, dear mama. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good afternoon dear Kelly

    I have just got back from my lovely Knysna holiday. All refreshed and wanting to live like the knysna hippies. I even brought myself some African sarongs to wear. I hope you are well...I am sure that little one is getting ready to arrive. What a lovely future awaits you and your family. Sending positive birthing wishes..Have the best of times my dear friend.

    Lots of love
    Suzanne
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry the yuckies hit your house last week, but glad to hear everyone is on the mend. Each time one of your posts pops up in my reader I wonder if I'll click over to find pictures of a new baby... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so many grand spring photos. I love that your son is knitting. And that plant growing up inside a shell,amazing event. I am glad you are all feeling better, that sounds like no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little knitting hands, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Tammy, thank you for keeping me in your thoughts. That means a lot to me!

    Hooray that my dear, special friend Suzanne is back! I have missed you and your lovely warm, presence. So glad you have had such a wonderful time and look forward to all the details and some pictures! The boys are eager to see if Aaron made any wonderful discoveries!

    ReplyDelete
  8. TaraChristiane, thank you for stopping by and for your warm words which are definitely appreciated! The days are flying by so fast towards that day I post new baby pictures!
    Have a lovely week.
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello my lovely friend, great to see a new knitter xxxx loving thoughts of beauitful births for you sweet Mama xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kelly, thank you for your lovely reply on my blog. I am so inspired by your journey. I would love to share some thoughts and ideas with you ,maybe easier by email if you have time!
    Mine is miaeileen@aol.com
    brightest blessings
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Kelly,
    What wonderful photos you have posted:) I hope your little ones' are feeling better and I am sure your new arrival is due any day now:) How wonderful my friend. How lovely Sol is knitting his brother a scarf. I love the photos of the flowers.
    Take care,
    Hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the sprouting primroses and violets! So lovely...thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete