"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pages

Thursday, 1 April 2010

First day of April

My boys really look forward to April Fool's Day. They love playing silly pranks, hearing trickster tales and telling jokes. I even had the surprise of a watery prank in the form of 2 wet beds between 4am and 6am this morning to deal with and we all co-sleep!

Sol offered his brothers rosy red apples, with a few currants stuffed in them, and a paper worm in the middle. They were rather bemused. There has been a jester show and endless knock, knock jokes being told this morning like:

Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Eye.
Eye who?
Eye see you!

Leo loves Brer Rabbit so we've been reading our Brer Rabbit trickster stories and other animal stories of a similar nature. Thank goodness the foolery is only valid up to 12 noon!

It is grey and wet and cold here, but there is so much to look forward to in April. Happy April!

7 comments:

  1. wonderful post, little something for you over on my blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! I'm so glad you reminded me of Brer Rabbit! Benjamin would love those tales.

    I keep meaning to write to you...but this darn sunshine (after days of rain) keeps throwing me off track! ;)

    I'll write soon...

    Enjoy your day o' pranking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy April to you and your beautiful family. I have just discovered your wonderfully inspiring blog. Blessings, sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember this one time my sister and I wrapped up a penny in a really big box...we thought it was just hilarious!

    :)Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy April to you too! Our knock knock jokes are still nonsensical observation humor. We haven't made it towards puns yet...

    knock knock!
    who's there?
    chair!
    chair who?
    you are sitting in a chair!!!
    hahahahah.

    On and on it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! Come see us, doing a giveaway....

    ReplyDelete