"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pages

Monday, 7 December 2009

St Nicholas and Advent

Crystals we grew last week.


Excitement and playing at being St Nicholas and Rupert. This is such a lovely festival to celebrate and my boys are so intrigued by St Nicholas and Rupert and just can't hear enough stories about St Nicholas. They all look so forward to this day. The happiness and anticipation and care lining their slippers up the evening before.


Beautiful evening walks to energise us.

And lighting of second light of advent.


"The second light of Advent is the light of plants.
Roots, stem, leaf, flower and fruit by whom we live and grow."

10 comments:

  1. Please tell me about Rupert. I've never heard of him! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a wonderful festival. I had to laugh at the shoes the girls chose to set out for St. Nick: Katie-a high heel, Emily-a sneaker, and Kayla-a mocassin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thinnk it is so fun that we are both doing crystals right now! It was fun to see someone else doing the same thing!
    Take care,
    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have reminded me that we should be reading stories from our Seven Year Old Wonder Book. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, once again, Kelly! Your crystals are lovely and what a perfect time to grow them :D We love Rupert, too! The girls made me tell the story of how Bishop Nicholas found him over and over again! They loved those stories! Your sunset is gorgeous, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your crystals are so beautiful! It sounds like you are having a beautiful season. Thanks for sharing it here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always a pleasure to visit your blog. Surely we should get together and play! *wink*

    Holiday Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kelly,
    Those crystals are so pretty, it must be so fun for your boys to watch them grow! Happy belated St. Nicholas day to your sweet family!
    love,
    sara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Dear Friend,
    Those crystals are amazing! We also celebrated St Nicholas Day with great excitement, everyone getting their shoes ready... I love how enriching these festivals are. The photo of the sunset is amazing... Looks like an African sunset :)

    Warmly

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Kelly

    How is it that this time of year leaves one a little frazzled. All the homemade gifts that I promised everyone are almost finished and I will most definitely be starting earlier next year. We have our Gogo and Papa arriving from Ballito tomorrow and boy am I scrubbing my pots and polishing the wood. My Mother in law spots everything! I do love your advent posts and look forward to the next. Its our public holiday today "reconcilliation day". Sun is hot, dad is snoozing on the veranda..kids are swimming.

    Have a lovely day my friend
    Ps...I hope you are feeling strong and healthy.

    Warm regards
    Suzanne
    XX

    ReplyDelete