"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pages

Friday, 4 December 2009

The Power of One - Unity Soup

This week we started our adventures to the Land of Numeria. With the guidance of our King Equals gnome, we explored all the powers and possibilities of Number One.


I am drawing ideas from a few resources although one of my favourites is Kristie's Earthschooling 'Six Sense Maths' from which we were inspired to make Unity Soup. Sol really, really loved this!


Our delicious soup was made from a variety of vegetables demonstrating how one soup is made up of different parts.


It was one of the most delicious soups we have made together.



On an evening walk, we listened for, looked for, experienced One-ness using our senses again.

9 comments:

  1. Ooooohhhhh, Kelly! Once again you leave an inspiring post :D This looks marvelous. Will have to try this with the girls in Jan when we start our maths block. We love Kristie's materials, as well! I will be eagerly following your blog as you lead the way through math (you brave soul you! LOL!) Have a great weekend, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making soup with my girls. There is something so satisfying with working together and making a yummy soup from a few veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kelly!
    I have missed so many lovely posts here... I added you to my following list so I can keep up!

    I really love Sol's little sewing bag. So cute. And the weaving, and alphabet pictures... and your Advent scene!

    And yum, soup, one of the best parts of winter!

    Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!
    Oneness is a beautiful thing. :)
    Really.

    Mine like for us to make soup, too - I think their favorite part is going out into our frozen garden to collect the sage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That soup looks good! I like the idea of the whole being the sum of different parts too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The land of Numeria sounds wonderful. My youngest boy really wants to begin learning the alphabet and numbers. I'm excited to do some of these first grade lessons again. Do you have 3 boys? I have 3 boys! (and one girl!)
    Thanks for the sweet words you left me today!
    I hope you've had a relaxing weekend!
    love,
    sara

    ReplyDelete
  7. How warm and inviting Kelly. I would so love to have a Winter meal with your family. We make a pretty good soup too. The best part about making soup is picking the vegetables from the orchard..and of course those little wee hands that help with the chopping. I hope you are all warm and that your fires are making you cosy.

    Have a wonderful day dear friend.
    Warm regards to you
    XX
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. how lovely. adding "unity soup" to my list of things to try if we ever recover from the flu!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those colorful crystals. I see Sol is a left handed chopped. I also feel that it is oh so important to involve the young ones in all steps of cooking. What a great way to introduce things working together.

    :)Lisa

    ReplyDelete