"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pages

Wednesday, 16 December 2009

Our days

I have been quiet! We have been walking and walking this wintry landscape, collecting treasures along the way - evergreen, holly, sticks, rosehips. It is grey and misty and muddy and invigorating out there.



We've been making simple wreaths with what we collect - simple, no frills, made lovingly by lots of hands.


We've decorated our Christmas tree and keep adding other bits we make.


We've made five pointed star ginger cookies since we are all heavenly stars and since we have been exploring Number 5.


And we have been keeping well away from the frantic seasonal pulse out there and staying here wrapped within the peace of wintry nature and warm home. I haven't bought or made any Christmas gifts yet, not even for the children, and I haven't planned Christmas day even though we will have ten family guests here, but I have loved every slow, gentle flowing days, living the season, loving my children and delighting in the joy of an active babe's movements in my baby tummy which is growing and growing beautifully round. Happy, slow days.

7 comments:

  1. It's so wonderful that you have these things growing outside this time of year!!! Here in Alaska we're under 3 ft of snow! Have to buy all the holiday greenery from a store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dear Friend,
    It is so exciting and wonderful to hear about your precious little one in your tummy, oh Kelly, pregnancy is so amazing:) It sounds like you have been spending such quality time with your family. Your photos are beautiful! We have also been making Christmas tree ornaments and your wreath is beautiful:)

    Have a great week my friend:)

    Warmly
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a lovely time! Making pretty wreaths, growing precious babies, spending time with family... You keep having a wonderful holiday, and we will look forward to more posts from you as you have the time and desire. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so wonderful to hear from you again, Kelly! I miss your lovely posts, but am glad to see you are taking time to just *be* :D And you've got it right on, girl - keep it simple and just enjoy each moment. I'm so excited for the arrival of your baby, too! You're such a wonderful mamma and the baby will be so blessed to come into such a great family! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh days look gorgeous there and suc a contrast to our hot hot days here. Beautiful pics...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you and your little ones are having a very beautiful season. Enjoy this precious time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always such beauty here Kelly! I love the wreath, and those creative boys of yours!
    I hope you are feeling good! I'm glad that you are savoring these days of pregnancy....it really does go so fast!
    Sending warm holiday wishes to you and yours!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete