The mornings and evenings are growing cooler, the autumn mists are here and there is lots of beauty all around us each day. Here's some of the joys of Autumn we've been admiring.

Elderberries.

Vines of black bryony twined amongst the hawthorn hedge. It's scarlet berries hanging down in bright bunches.

The feathered seeds of the traveller's joy which often grows close to the wayfaring tree with it's bright red berries which gradually turn black. Beautiful companions!

Hawthorn berries.

Scarlet rose-hips.

And pincushion galls which grow from a rosehip or briar. These are beautiful and incredible! They are formed by the larva of a gall-fly who, as a grub, can make the rose-hip transform into these pincushions which offer both food and protection for its small dweller. Isn't nature amazing!
Such beauty abounds! Thanks for the lovely pictures and sharing :)
ReplyDeleteHi Kelly! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment, I really appreciate it. I love watching the swallows with their mud nests swoop and fly, catching insects in the air. I enjoyed your post, it was lovely to read about the arrival autumn.
ReplyDeleteHooray! I just discovered your blog after your visited acornpies. I can't wait to learn more about nature and explore your words and pictures. Do you live in England?
ReplyDeleteHello Dear friend
ReplyDeleteI hope you have had a peaceful weekend. Sunday nights always arrive just too soon for us. I adore your conker webs. How creative. I love your early Autumn morning misty day and all your delightful red and black berries. Just as I imagined England to have. Do give those little freeflowing boys some special greetings from Down in the meadow....
Have a wonderful week Kelly
XX
Suzanne
Hi Jen, thanks for visiting. This is such a beautiful time of year isn't it!
ReplyDeleteGoldenbird, I am so happy to discover your blog too and will be back soon for a visit. Swallows and house martins are so full of energy and happiness. Enjoy autumn!
Hi Beth, thank you for visiting. Yes we do live in England. Looking forward to visiting your wonderful blog very soon. Have a lovely day.
Dear Suzanne, the weekends certainly do fly by. Autumn is indeed very beautiful here and yet I am so thankful for Michaelmas to help us prepare and strengthen ourselves and have courage and renewed energy for those cold months to come. Enjoy those lovely spring, warm days this week!
Best wishes