"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pages

Sunday, 11 January 2009

Den building in the woods

We are working on a new den.  Each time we visit we add a bit more to it.  This is going to be a big den.  It is formed around a fallen tree.  Around the back, the children like to ride on the fallen trunk and have so many wonderful games around this tree.  Each time we go on our adventures, we take a small snack like a few biscuits, fruit or chocolate and a warm flask of rooibos tea and enjoy these in one of our dens. We have three in these woods.

Look at this beautiful heart of a tree.  Sol discovered it on a tree stump and he wished he could take it home for me to keep as a gift from him.  Little does he realise that I will carry this in my heart forever!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kelly, that's lovely, it's left me teary-eyed - happily thinking about little boys and their mummies and all that Love...
    C xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are my boys favorite things to do, I will have to post some on my blog, I'll get there, I can't keep up with them. How old are your boys?, where do you live exactly? looks amazing so different to the tropical paradise we have here. Maybe our second home in the USA will be similar.. when we find it.

    ReplyDelete