We made our 3 Kings cake yesterday.
And we went for a mushroom spotting walk about the garden.
I was given some turmeric to grow! It looks very similar to a ginger root although more yellowish.
The ginger is nearby with the long thin leaves. Interesting to me!
Mushrooms!! Oh, how I DO love fungi! Your three kings are adorable, too!
ReplyDeleteYou comment on my recent etiquette post is so lovely, Kelly. Isn't it a shame that something that *should* bring people closer, sometimes does the opposite?
Much love to you & your dear family!
I love mushroom season! though it is winter here, a friend was walking and found land without snow, not much land... but there was a fresh mushroom growing. He felt so surprised.
ReplyDeleteyour cake looks wonderful and i love the plants you are growing. Recently i have enjoyed tumeric tea a few times. Sweet new year to you and your family!
Oh Kelly, your cake looks delicious! I've never made a kings cake before, but when we lived in Guatemala my husband's family had one every year. Now I need to go find a good recipe for next year, I think.
ReplyDeleteWe eat turmeric often, but I've never seen it growing. Do you eat the root like ginger?
Happy New Year to you and your boys!
HI Rachel, thanks about the cake. Hope you find a nice recipe for next year's kings cake. We try different recipes and don't have a particular favourite. Turmeric is such a super food. This is the first time we will use the root. I am planning to grate it like ginger. Happy Day to you all!
ReplyDelete