Hidden within this rocky outcrop known as Bushman's Point there is a shelter of special interest.
Within this shelter there are fine examples of ancient rock art.
See the man with an axe chopping at the exquisitely painted tree.
Men hunting I imagine.
An elephant
Large fish.
Such a magnificent man!
More people busy with tools or weapons.
And I had to include this tree as it is a natural work of art nestled amongst might granite rocks.
Within this shelter there are fine examples of ancient rock art.
See the man with an axe chopping at the exquisitely painted tree.
Men hunting I imagine.
An elephant
Large fish.
Such a magnificent man!
More people busy with tools or weapons.
And I had to include this tree as it is a natural work of art nestled amongst might granite rocks.
Stunning. Powerful. Is the location marked?
ReplyDeleteIt certainly is so much that - stunning and powerful. The location is not very clearly marked and no markings in the area nearby. There is a makeshift fence in front of the shelter to keep the paintings a bit safe. We know where this place is as we visited as children. There are several sites like it dotted around the country all with a unique style!
ReplyDeleteKelly...I am always so amazed at these beautiful paintings. You are fortunate to live in such a beautiful place, where they have not been vandalized! Here in the U.S., people ruin anything and everything. It breaks my heart.
ReplyDeleteBenjamin and I will be learning about the peopling of the world this spring...and, we're going to be making our own rock paintings. I'm bookmarking this page so I may re-visit it with him.
Love,
Jessica xoxo
How amazing and beautiful Kelly, such a joy to see x x
ReplyDelete