Remember, I recently knitted Noah a tortoise. Well, that tortoise now has friends - both knitted friends and real tortoise friends!
A lovely person gave three baby leopard tortoises to us! She had found them in her garden. Unfortunately, a few others had been attacked by birds and she wanted these little ones to be cared for in a safe place. We are taking very good care of them and have made a secure, cosy home for them. I can't tell you how beautiful these little ones are! They fit into the palm of my hand and are about six months old. My boys are ecstatic! Their shells are so beautiful and their little faces look so wise, even at such a young age.
And here are the new knitted tortoises. Can you tell I am enjoying knitting tortoises at the moment.
A lovely person gave three baby leopard tortoises to us! She had found them in her garden. Unfortunately, a few others had been attacked by birds and she wanted these little ones to be cared for in a safe place. We are taking very good care of them and have made a secure, cosy home for them. I can't tell you how beautiful these little ones are! They fit into the palm of my hand and are about six months old. My boys are ecstatic! Their shells are so beautiful and their little faces look so wise, even at such a young age.
And here are the new knitted tortoises. Can you tell I am enjoying knitting tortoises at the moment.
Oh my! Those are just the cutest little things! Both the knitted and real versions!
ReplyDeleteHow adorable -- and how wonderful! I think the little knitted tortoises are so sweet, Kelly! I have been busy around the house and didn't get a chance to comment on your last two posts...we all enjoyed your photos. Benjamin thinks we should move to South Africa. :)
ReplyDeleteTake care of those sweet little tortoise babies!
Love to you and your family,
Jessica xoxo
Oh Kelly, how gorgeous!! When I lived in Port Elizabeth we used to have these little darlings crawling all over our gardens! They are so precious. I love your knitted tortoises, they are amazing!
ReplyDeleteHope you are well dear friend,
Love
Linda
They are so beautiful Kelly, both the knitted tortoises and the real ones!
ReplyDelete