"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pages

Thursday, 5 April 2012

The swing of spring days

I really have fallen out with the swing of blogging. Sometimes I am in two minds on whether I want to continue to blog but yet when I look back over the years of this journal as such of some of my family's days, I love to see these memories here in this space. So, I will endeavour to get back to regular posts.

Things are not so easy for us for now. A bit of a time of uncertainty. We have no income as the company Mark worked for went into administration very unexpectedly and with no warning several weeks ago. This after relocating for job security and promised promotion. Ah well, such is the way of things. So, he is looking for a new position. We have faith the right opportunity will come up and for now, we are thankful for each other and our boys and our health and time together. We are mostly frustrated as things loss of employment delays even more our dreams of returning to our homeland in Zimbabwe to be nearer to most of our family but we need to be patient and keep believing. Things always shift and change and that is living life.
So for now, lots of togetherness times for our family. And it is good and valued.
We have our days of worry and yet remember that this is springtime - a time for renewal and growth - a good time for new paths to present themselves.
We visited a beautiful nature reserve recently. Willow trees a plenty and wild areas and swans. I loved the beautiful white swans on the shimmering, shiny water.

I had a pet duck very similar to the duck in front of Noah. He was so special to me and followed me everywhere. I have such fond, clear memories of my 'Daddy Duck'.

17 comments:

  1. What beautiful family time!! I would like to invite you to share at our new link party Happy Family Times at http://craftymomsshare.blogspot.com/2012/04/happy-family-times-2.html. We are hoping to inspire all of us to have more family time.

    Good luck with the job search!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about Marks work. You're right though about keeping believing and holding on to your dream, even when life throws us a temporary hitch. Hoping something comes through soon for him to ease the worries.

    Such lovely family times you are having x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kelly, I go back and forth with my blogging, too-- especially in times of stress and uncertainty. Please know you're in my thoughts, and I sincerely hope this spring brings you and your family many wide-open doors for the future and a path that leads you home. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara. Mostly good things and new adventures come out of change. You guys know all about new directions and change! Enjoy your spring too.

      Delete
  4. Sorry to read of your tough time, hope things work out soon for you. I had a long break from blogging,but the blog is a great memory of how the children grow and change.
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely to see you blogging again! Thanks for your kind words! Loved seeing all your snow pictures. Incredible to have snow again!

      Delete
  5. Oh dear, Kelly...I'm sorry to hear of Mark's work situation. I'll keep you all in my thoughts, as we are all too familiar with 'layoffs' around here. Your outlook is inspiring! Instead of bitterness, you shine with hope and thankfulness. I just love you dearly, sweet friend. Enjoy the family time. Less worrisome days will find you for sure! Love, Jessica xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Jessica. Thank you for your words. If there is a person that inspires me it is you! You are always an inspiration to me. Love to you, my friend.

      Delete
  6. Hi kelly, I too am a bit hit and miss with blogging but also like you see it as a way of looking back over beautiful times together. Sending lots of positive thoughts with Marks work, I am sure your love for each other will keep you goimg :)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kelly, you are all in our thoughts at such an uncertain time. Your faith and trust that things will work themselves out is very inspiring. We too are facing an uncertain path and it can be difficult to relax and trust and take the days moment by moment. As you go about your days and enjoy your beautiful walks with your boys, know that we are thinking of you all as we enjoy our walks too, trusting that everything will work out for you. Much love gina x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend. I hope things go well for you all too. You are right that it is difficult to relax at times but all will be well for us and you guys! Happy weekend to you all.

      Delete
  8. I also wanted to say that I love each of the photos with this post, so full of life and happiness x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry to hear about Mark's work, that must be really worrying for you! I hope he can find something soon and that you able to move forward with your dreams! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good evening my dear dear Sista

    I know you are a strong woman, mother and wife~ all will be well my friend. Sending all positive thoughts and prayers as your next journey presents itself. Our leaves are falling rapidly and I see your Spring in full swing.

    Stay well lovely Sista
    Love to you
    Suzanne
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello Kelly,
    i am sorry to hear of your hard times. i love that you are trusting and finding joy in the small things and the togetherness of your family. i will think of you with light, light that brings clarity and vitality. Light that brings gifts and blessings. wishing you the best always.

    your photos are lovely as can be.
    warmly,
    t

    ReplyDelete