"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pages

Saturday, 17 March 2012

Reflections and tadpoles and ramsons

On one of our explores recently, specifically to search for frogspawn in a natural place.
For a while, most of the watery places we thought we might find frog spawn, didn't have any.  Then I remembered the icy pools we had come across earlier in the winter in a forest nearby and we decided to look in those.
We were struck by the beauty of the trees reflecting in the water.
And then we found lots and lots and lots of frogspawn in those pools!
We also found lots of wild garlic growing over large areas on the banks of the stream.  We picked lots and baked wild garlic scones when we returned home. 
Noah visited his 'dragon', (a beautiful fallen tree)  and had a ride on him and a quick chat with him.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Kelly, Those tree reflections are so beautiful. What a lovely explore you all had! Love to you all Gina x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dragon. I'm sure he appreciated your visit. Magical place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly,

    Oh my--I must show Benjamin your wonderful dragon...he will love it so!

    Love,
    Jessica xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful forest! The dragon is wonderful :-)

    ReplyDelete