Thou Michael!
Plunge deep the blue sword of autumn
Where the dark dragon lurks;
Till the stirring of iron in the blood and the meteor
Into me works.
-Isabel Wyatt
Plunge deep the blue sword of autumn
Where the dark dragon lurks;
Till the stirring of iron in the blood and the meteor
Into me works.
-Isabel Wyatt
Our dragon bread this Michaelmas.
We are reading the second book of The Star Trilogy by Donald Samson. We read the first last Michaelmas. I love these books and find it hard to put this book down.
We have been weaving away like spiders making conker webs.
And making conker knights and horses.
The boys also found four big, fat frogs recently.
Oh yes, and we discovered a huge sweet chestnut tree! The first we've seen.
We are reading the second book of The Star Trilogy by Donald Samson. We read the first last Michaelmas. I love these books and find it hard to put this book down.
We have been weaving away like spiders making conker webs.
And making conker knights and horses.
The boys also found four big, fat frogs recently.
Oh yes, and we discovered a huge sweet chestnut tree! The first we've seen.
That dragon bread is quite a work of art! as is the conker horse and knight!
ReplyDeleteWell done on your sweet chestnut find. The only ones I can find are next to busy roads, and I don't like the idea of picking from there due to contamination. Enjoy your pickings!
Wow, yes the dragon bread is indeed wonderful. Autumnal blessings to you :)
ReplyDeleteLove the bread.
ReplyDeleteWeaving conker webs is a must, we're loving this too here ar the moment. Enjoy your sweet chestnuts too, we've had a good foraging year so far for these in the many forested areas nearby - delicious!
Such autumnal goodness! What an amazing dragon (bread)--I surely would have burned him or underbaked him or some other such tragedy that would have ruined him...I am greatly impressed!
ReplyDeleteLove the conkers! And the froggies!
Sending my love to you and yours this lovely season...enjoy!
such a gorgeous autumn post
ReplyDeletethat is one amazing dragon! I love how you all have so much creative fun!
Wonderful dragon bread. We are planning a trip to gather the fruits of a sweet chestnut tree on tuesday, hoping no-one has got there before us. Still gathering the last of the blackberries here too.
ReplyDeleteLovely conker webs.
xx