"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pages

Friday, 21 October 2011

Autumn Season Corner

Our Autumn nature table with Prince Autumn reigning in the centre surrounded by acorns and horse chestnuts and beechnuts, rosehips, hawthorn berries, fungi, crab apples, feathers, leaves and other treasures from nature collected on our autumnal adventures.

I made Prince Autumn by needlefelting his head, arms and body.  His hair and beard are brown/grey Wensleydale locks, I made his gown with felt and I knitted his cloak.

10 comments:

  1. So beautiful my dear friend, have a restful weekend.
    Love to you
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. really gorgeous, you're a clever lady :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is stunning! I love when locks are incorporated into a design and not totally felted. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's wonderful! And he looks so lovely surrounded by autumnal touches from nature. Love him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, I just popped by and couldn't resist taking a peek, really love getting inspiration for our season table...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colours you have used, especially the knitted cloak. Still trying to master needlefelting. I'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so charming and lovely for the season!

    ReplyDelete