"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pages

Friday, 12 August 2011

Knights, joust and battle!

We went to watch a day of medievel reenactment recently held within the grounds of Berkeley Castle.
There were jesters joking about, archery competitions, falconry displays, music, knights battling, jousting, puppet shows and the highlight a battle complete with cannon fire!





 The battle really was rather exciting with arrows flying, cannon booms and smoke, horses galloping about and weapons being put to action.

6 comments:

  1. I think your festival is much better than ours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great fun, I know a little girl who would have loved that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Mia and Tarka would have just loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must have been rather exciting for your boys. All those brave knights riding their big horses. Hope you had a wonderful birthday celebration. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sista

    Just had my Aaron at the hospital ...he ran into a wall. Luckly no broken nose. THought I would pop by to relax my frayed nerves. What a lovely festival battle! THe kids would love to see that. One day...

    I hope you are all well and I am thinking about you as you make the big trek across the fields~

    Love to you my friend
    Love
    Suzanne
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! I saw it advertised, but totally forgot the date. Thanks for posting your photos. I know my little knight would have loved to see this.

    ReplyDelete