"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pages

Sunday, 24 April 2011

Easter memories in pictures

Our Easter tree with blown eggs painted by the boys, Ojos di Dios, and wet felted butterflies hanging from the branches.
Our little beeswax egg shaped candles set in real egg shells.  Can't remember where I saw this idea but goodness, it is fun and a great idea. 
The magic Easter bird left deep red eggs hidden in the grass out alongside the hedgerow.
Chocolate chicken.
The boys and I (and dog!) searching amongst the trees for Easter eggs left by the Easter hare.
Discovered treasure!

6 comments:

  1. i love your easter tree! so pretty! how i would love to find that chocolate treat among the grass!!
    happy sunday
    lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those eggs are so pretty! What did you use to dye them?
    I used to have an Easter tree as a girl. Seeing your photos brings back fond memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful easter tree and wonderful easter fun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tara
    Thank you. I love the colour too. I dyed them with red and yellow onion skins. It is amazing how the dye takes so vibrantly.
    Best wishes
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and sweet and glowing with warmth and love. I really like the photo of you with the children beside the trees. Glad you are enjoying so many beautiful spring days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the chocolate chicken, where is s/he from?? xx

    ReplyDelete