I want to add lots of blossom pictures from all around our garden simply because these blossoms fill my heart with such joy and it makes me feel happy seeing them here! I want to remember them because they are already starting to pass over and green leaves are appearing so quickly. We are having petal snow. I love seeing the children play amongst all those falling petals and see the soft carpet of petals across the grass.
And some spinning that has been done. At the back, grey/black Jacob plied with white and in the front, dark brown Shetland plied with white.
Some of my handspun yarn that I naturally dyed. For the bright yellow I used onion skins and for the pale yellow I used nettles.
And some spinning that has been done. At the back, grey/black Jacob plied with white and in the front, dark brown Shetland plied with white.
Some of my handspun yarn that I naturally dyed. For the bright yellow I used onion skins and for the pale yellow I used nettles.
all those blossoms are so beautiful and I especially love your nettle dyed wool, just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful!!! (both the yarn and the blossoms!!!)
ReplyDeleteI love the pic with the bee! I never thought of using nettles to dye with...how clever!
ReplyDeleteLovely pictures, I agree I love the blossoms but it's been "snowing" a lot here too in the last week. An early start to the season again this year - the bluebells are fully out and even some are going over now and it's not yet May.
ReplyDeleteLove your yarns and dyeing, I love to see yarn hanging on the line.
Hoping to do some dyeing soon, I nearly did some nettle dyeing last week as we cooked a lot to freeze in batches and hubby asked if I wanted the water to dye with ;)
Dawn x
mmm, all that deliciousness!
ReplyDeleteI noticed today that our Mirabelle tree is done, but we still have the cherry and peach blossoms to enjoy. And lilacs and tulips soon!
You can never have too many blossom photos, so beautiful, and so full of promise for the coming year.
ReplyDeleteLovely yarn too, haven't ventured into dyeing yet, but am collecting onion skins!
Such wonderful blossom photos. Blossom feels like such a beautiful gift from nature and is gone all too soon.
ReplyDeleteI love the colours you have dyed your yarn, the onion skin yellow is gorgeous!
Spring blessings to you all
Gina xxx
Lovely blossom photos, you are so lucky to have these in your garden. Yesterday we had a picnic, under some blossom trees, the blossom fell like confetti on the children. They all looked so cute!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the dandelion links, We've had a dandelion side salad today.
Bec x
The bees are happy to. They are lovely the pinks and whites. On our farm there is so much pink and red,, the red must be for the hot climate. Providing sweet nectar for those delicate little hummingbirds, they sometimes sit near the boys as if to watch them play.
ReplyDeleteI will get to the woolies some day... I haven't forgotten spinspiration... it's on hold for the moment. Need the right place to be inspired. How are those beautiful boys of yours? xxx
They've just released the ban on Nettle spray as an insecticide and fertilizer treatment in France... How on earth could they ban this in the first place.
ReplyDeleteDear Kelly
ReplyDeleteI could not agree more that blossoms make the heart sing. I am so happy for you that little parts of the farm are coming alive.
I so wish I could sit and spin with you. I have not quite got plying right yet. The wool looks so soft too. I dyed with golden rod the other day. I had a pot full of blooms. The wool came out a gorgeous bright yellow.
Love to you Kelly
Love
Suzanne
x
Hi Kelly, you won my give away! If you will email me your adress to karzyjj@hotmail.com it will be on its way to you very soon
ReplyDeleteOh! The yarn is so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI have uncarded alpaca wool that I really need to wash and dye. I'd like to dye it for needlefelting. :)
Anyway...the blossoms and the beautiful yarn...makes me swoon!