"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pages

Thursday, 24 March 2011

At the lake on Spring Equinox

 Sweet brothers off to explore.
 It is so good to see our insect brothers up and about again.  We stopped to wish this ground beetle a Happy Spring.
 So many trees dressed in their spring finery.
 I just loved the shape of this bull rush just about to release its fairies to dance on the warm spring breezes.


 Sol found two large devil's toenails along the water's edge.  He has an eye for such finds.  The oyster Gryphaea is one of the commonest fossils found in the British Jurassic and is commonly known as Devil's toenails.


 Hurrying those bulrush fairies out of their home.
 Looking for water nixies.
How these two loved gazing into that water and imagining all sorts of possibilities in the reflection.

Nature Connections
is a collaborative link collection
posted at the end of each month
on Living and Learning.

Its purpose is to showcase photos of children
enjoying nature to inspire all of us to get outdoors more.

11 comments:

  1. Oh what a lovely day out :)
    Water, insects and warm spring days - what more could you wish for.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello lovely friend, It's seems like winter was coming just the other day. I'm sure you are so happy to feel the sunshine. The boys surely look delighted out there in the nature again. We also have those big white birds, they are always around our cows, they love to sit on their backs. When Fabien cuts the grass they are plentiful. My dogs love to chase them. I wonder what they are called,, we call them tick birds. Your photos are beautiful, your boys happy...we have an interest in our house. My mom visits on the 30th, I look forward to having her. Big kiss to you and those sweet little boys.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so interesting to look at hese pictures.. I had never seen a bull rush before. I had to look it up on the internet.. Our spring has arrived here too in Ireland but it looks so different....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there!... thanks for replying to me on my blog yesterday. I am not far from Wexford actually.. A few miles away.. SO, glad I found you! I wish I knew how to work with fibres and wool to join you on your other blog.. unfortunately, I am not as gifted as you are.. However, as I have never looked into Waldorf but heard so much about it since I started blogging, I would like to learn more about it. Any book you may recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful photos!! That lake is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen a bull rush! I'm intrigued by it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool! Love the Devils toenails...what a find :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such amazing oysters, er, Devil's Toenails! You always find the coolest stuff!!

    ReplyDelete