"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pages

Thursday, 13 January 2011

Simple Some of Here

Bread dough snails

Ice Snails

Old shop bags and a piece of string make the best kites of all on windy days.

Velvety green moss on grey stone.

Old Man's beard plucked straight from a sleepy giant.

Simple good things to remember on these wintry days.  Simple things that stay with us.

11 comments:

  1. I would love to hear more about the ice snail and old man beard, both look like fascinating objects derived from nature. And empty bags kites...definitely!

    :)Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. That velvety moss is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, heart warming photos, just what I needed to see this morning - thank you :)

    The shop bag kite, photo is especially gorgeous, as is the last photo of your boys playing together.

    Precious days indeed

    Much Love
    Gina xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your place looks beautiful - the stonework... Simple pleasures are certainly best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, beautiful, precious days :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful in their simplicity. Thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home looks so beautiful. I love the way the old houses are build, this is what I loved most about traveling in France. Not many people remodel the old style homes anymore because it's too expensive. The boys look like they are having much fun, this game my boys play almost every day. the old mans beard is rather interesting. Have a beautiful weekend dear Kelly.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. those are some great moments. thanks for sharing some ideas too. xom .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, DO tell about that ice snail!

    I love the moss on the stone...I really do adore mosses & lichens.

    I'd like to make a moss wreath, can you imagine? All the different colors and textures! :)

    Loved stopping by...your family always makes me smile. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alright, now I really want to come for a visit. I have never seen things like the Old Man's beard or a snail in ice. Amazing and wonderful and beautiful, love the life your children are living. Can't wait to go read about more

    ReplyDelete