Today in the golden field of organic oats, Sol spotted this beautiful new seven spotted ladybird just emerged from it's pupa case. We sat and watched for some time.
I was reminded there is so much beauty and magnitude in nature happening all around us - small, simple beauty. The image of this ladybird has remained with me all day and brought me comfort and gratitude.
Beautiful! We only saw this for the first time a few years ago and we were amazed by it. Loved seeing how "wet" they looked at first and watching them until they felt ready to fly. Such a wonderful photo.
I love seeing them, too--wonderful!!
ReplyDeletewhoa!! what a cool capture!
ReplyDeletehttp://bendingbirches2010.blogspot.com/2010/08/i-am-thankful-for_13.html
It's so precious, I've never seen one emerge it must have been so special to observe.
ReplyDeleteHow special, to happen upon that moment, then stay to take it all in.
ReplyDeletesuch a wonderful transformation to behold! I have never seen a ladybirds previous home!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! We only saw this for the first time a few years ago and we were amazed by it. Loved seeing how "wet" they looked at first and watching them until they felt ready to fly. Such a wonderful photo.
ReplyDelete