"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pages

Saturday, 31 July 2010

Some of here


Giant sunflowers reaching for the sky.


Click beetles that really do leap!


Collecting snail shells.


Purple hearts!


Always dinoworld. This time a new extinction theory. The dinos had an identity crisis. They believed they were burrowing flumps and burrowed themselves in the earth resulting in suffocation.


Sand play. We made this sandpit using an old tractor tyre.

10 comments:

  1. Looks like you are having a fun summer. I love the theory on dinosaurs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, we LOVE click beetles around here! We just discovered one in the house the other day and of course, had to make it "click" a few times before freeing it!

    Love the snail shells, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kelly,
    I love sunflowers, they are so happy and bright and yellow is my favourite colour:) Those click beetles look like a lot of fun and the snail shells are all so pretty and each one is different.
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. always such fun .. oh to be able to come join in xx
    must send postcard to the boys, its all written just waiting to be sent.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh happy sunflower! And I love the snails, the yellow one in the center is extra pretty. I have been thinking about snails quite a bit the last few days, planning 4th grade human being and animal block, fun...

    Hope you are very well and enjoying beautiful days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know that we have click beetles. Will have to ask dh.

    I thought Jessica said "... before FreeZing it."
    I was like, "aw. :< "
    Should have known - it's Jess, after all!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear sista kelly. I am in ballito, just come back from the beach and had such fun with the children. The girls swam and my boy got lost in his own world amongst the rocks. I love your nature boxes. Aaron would be delighted to see those snail shells. When we get back home, I am going to post our new baby pigeons. Aarons new hobby is breeding tumblers. I am sure the boys will be interested. A happy day to you my friend. Lots of love . Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I left a little award for you over at my blog. Happy day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Kelly, I have a big tractor tire filled with sand for my horses to stand on, we do this so that they become confident when having to get into a trailer. If you find some empty snail shells you could make your own little snail body with clay, Sania loves to do this. I think I have a photo somewhere, maybe on their play table.

    I threw many sunflower seeds this year and only one little one sprouted, could be that we had so much rain and they got washed away or that the fire ants/mice ate them. One year we had an entire field full of them, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have so many click beetles here, and they are not made of paper!...Everytime I turn around, there is another one in the house!

    ReplyDelete