"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pages

Tuesday, 6 July 2010

Lake Kariba wall

Take a look down memory lane, my homeland friends!



The gates are open. Nyaminyami, the river god keeps his watchful eye over the lake and River Zambezi.



These pictures sent to us by my father in law who was celebrating his 60th birthday this past weekend in Kariba, Zimbabwe. Happy Birthday, dear Dad!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a truly beautiful place to have lived x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful photos Kelly! Happy Birthday to your Father in Law:)
    Take care
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful x
    (happy birthday to your Dad!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh our beautiful Land Sista Kelly!
    What lovely roots we come from. This is where my Dad spent most of his time. What a memory. I can literally feel the heat and hear the beetles. I can see a little braai happening . Probably just somewhere to the left. A few deck chairs and children running about...

    I hope you are well..Thinking of you. I hope Mark watched Spain vs Germany last night..Quite a game hey.

    Busy writing to you.
    Lots of love
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!...Happy birthday to your father in law...My dad also celebrated his 60th birthday this year...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello dear Suzanne
    Oh you conjured up a great image! What I love most about this particular spot is at the bottom of the winding stairs to the left sits a group of mamas crafting under the sun, crocheting their beautiful crafts..

    ReplyDelete