"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pages

Tuesday, 6 April 2010

Outside - Easter Sunday



Well, can you believe how magical this is! Mark took the boys off for a walk while I hid some Easter treasures and treats around the garden for our Easter treasure hunt. We had told the boys to look out for the Easter hare as they walked and lo and behold they saw two beautiful, swift brown hares darting across the fields. (We don't often see them. The last time must have been around February and luckily last Easter too but I think it was on Easter Monday.)



They must have been on their way back to their homes after delivering Easter eggs in our garden! Needless to say, the boys were delighted - we all were! Hares are fascinating, mythical-type creatures. (I just love the story about how the hare was chosen by Jesus to carry His message to the world at Easter, found in Wynstone's 'Spring' book and I think it is in 'Festivals, Family and Food' also.) We strolled home and lots of little treasures were to be found!



We spent the rest of the day with family. A beautiful, warm day!

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful, we haven't often seen been lucky enough to see a hare but when we do, I feel so honoured.

    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful Easter Sunday! I love your bright eggs, and we tell that story of the Easter hare every year too. It really helps when the kids start to get old enough to question why a big bunny would hop around the world with colored eggs!

    ReplyDelete