"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pages

Tuesday, 23 March 2010

A Beautiful Day!

Our Sol is reading! He picked up a book this morning - a Dr Suess book - and away he goes! I shall always remember this memorable day. The sparkle in his eyes! His joy!



Last week, we finished off a block on the lower case letters and the sounds of the letters. I knitted Sol a golden unicorn to present to him at the end of our adventure. He is called Sunbeam and he helped save the kingdom from a tribe of terrible trolls by using his warm energy of sun and love.

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day, and yes, it will ALWAYS be one you will remember.

    My oldest 3 went to school for just a bit, and I never had the privilege of teaching them to read. What a magical process it was for Kayla and me to go through together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, what a special day! I LOVE your unicorn, so magical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Kelly! How marvelous for Sol (and you). The unicorn is gorgeous :D I love the idea of making a special toy to celebrate a milestone like that. Such a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations--how exciting! :)

    Oh...and how magical, that sweet little unicorn! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful! My nine year old is suddenly spending hours of her day with her nose buried in a book. (Little House on the Prairie series)
    Fortunately she is spending many long hours in play as well. It's all great.
    Happy happy spring to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow ... Sunbeam is beautiful! Wonderful job :)

    ReplyDelete