"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pages

Thursday, 11 February 2010

Parrot and gnomes

Lots of knitting been going on here.



This is Sol's parrot I knitted for him. He is in love with parrots at the moment. We have been reading all about parrots, telling parrot stories, drawing parrots and lots more parrot activity going on here. He drew an illustration of his dream parrot showing exactly what colours he wanted so I knitted it up based on his picture.

Here are our Maths gnomes all finished and bright and cosy to hold in little hands.



Leo and Noah love these little gnomes too so they requested one each. The orange one is called Naartjie and belongs to Noah and the pale pinky/lilac one belongs to Leo and is called Pearl.

15 comments:

  1. The parrot is amazing! Have never seen such a thing! Love!
    lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your math gnomes are so cute. We used felted gnomes for math this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Kelly! Love it all - such vibrant colors on the parrot. Sure to be so loved! Such a talented momma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy, colorful gnomes! Love them. That parrot is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, these knitted treasures are so beautiful, I love the colours and your maths gnomes are lovely:)
    Warmly
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are all so wonderful! I yearn to knit that well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello dear Kelly..

    I know you have some happy boys ...the parrot is eye catching and I am sure he has been placed on a shoulder already. Your gnomes are delightful! You knit beautifully Kelly. I hope you are all a little warmer. I am seeing some sun in the photo's.

    Have a wonderful happy day
    Lots of love
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks dear friends for you kind words! It gives such joy to knit treasures for little ones and see the delight and love on their faces.

    Suzanne,
    It is freezing here! One minute it is very bright yet very cold and suddenly the sky darkens and we have sleet and blizzard type weather! Boy, am I looking to Spring and planting in the garden!
    Have a lovely day
    Best wishes
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome that he drew it, and you created it for him! Love that.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful, you are such an incredible Mama, I am richly blessed to call you friend, you inpsire me so very much.
    always love
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE those little gnomes! So precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful knitted treasures! You did an amazing job Kelly! Lucky boys!
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    love,
    sara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What amazing knitting you have been up to! Those math gnomes are great! I'd like a set of those.

    :)Lisa

    ReplyDelete