"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pages

Wednesday, 25 November 2009

More mud encounters

Well, it's that time of year here. The time when all gets slushy and wet and muddy. There is an abundance of mud on this farm and my boys love mud. They love jumping in the muddy puddles, walking through the muddy trails made by the tractors, making mud pies and mud balls and generally getting as muddy as they can.







Mud magnets!

8 comments:

  1. Whoa! That is some serious mud... Have fun splashing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a lot of mud and a lot of fun. I LOVE that last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you for letting them get all muddy!!!!! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got some mud magnets too! Wonderful fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like mud, too. :)
    But it's true that I like it best outside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear Kelly....Nothing like playing in the good earthy wet soil. My 3 would be in there boots and all! They so badly want to see snow...Poor things even try make snowmen out of mud.. Our weather today was 30 degrees. A huge change from our cold spell last week. I have been watching sky news and seeing all those little villages flooding...Are you anywhere close to them?? They said its been the worst rains in 1000 years..

    Have a wonderful weekend dear friend. I hope you are feeling healthy...I am sure you are glowing.

    Warm regards
    XX
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi dear Suzanne,
    If it is any consolation, my boys prefer playing in mud to playing in snow - it's warmer and more pliable to them! Maybe not so magical looking though!! How wonderful how are having lots of sun. We certainly have strong winds and rain and rain and rain. Yes, our county is at flood risk - the streams and rivers are fit to burst! On this farm it is very flat, farming land so okay here. The village we lived in before - at the foot of hills, and surrounded by streams, flooded two years ago. Cars were under water up to their roofs. Luckily our house was okay but the homes at the end of the street suffered quite a bit of damage. Have a lovely weekend in the sun. Think of us if you have a braai/swim!

    ReplyDelete