"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pages

Saturday, 5 September 2009

Card wrapping with yarn

We made these landscapes this week.  

Landscapes

Seascapes

Autumn landscape

We chose a pieces of thick card and stuck double-sided sticky tape in three rows down the back of the card.  Then we wrapped our chosen bits of yarn round the card from top to bottom.  Keep the yarn wrapped closely together, leaving no gaps.  

So many possibilities:  Spring, summer, autumn, winter landscapes.  Seascape, waterside, day and night, rain, snow!  Whatever inspires you.  Sol found this a fun, imaginative craft to do.  He really enjoyed imagining his landscape and selecting yarns of different colours and textures and winding them at different angles to create sloping areas.

12 comments:

  1. What a great idea! They turned out so pretty.

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, these are all SO pretty! The seascapes are my favorite, but I love them ALL. They would look so pretty on a nature table, and nice to give as gifts, too. Thank you so much for sharing the idea!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kelly,

    These are so beautiful and such a lovely idea :)

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful scenes... amazing idea... we'll be making some for sure.
    I love the blue one best and K loves the field one.
    Thanks for sharing on Friday's Nature Table,
    Blessings and magic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Evening dear friend across the miles.

    My these do take on the form of the landscapes chosen. I can see these being part of my homemade Christmas gifts. I am gathering ideas from all you wonderful crafty moms.

    Have a warm relaxing Sunday Kelly

    Warm regards
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are lovely! Thanks so much for sharing this idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello dear friends
    Thank you for all your lovely words. Card wrapping really turned out to be a fun idea and with so many possibilities. Little ones could also make pom-poms to add on as bushes or rocks or sun or moon. We will be making lots more. Could even make card frames and stands for them.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    Best wishes
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. The top left landscape looks just like the farm fields outside our town. What a great activity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think my sons would dig this! We've been doing fingerknitting lately, and my sons loving feeling the yarn. It will be nice to have another fun, versatile activity to do.

    Thanks!

    Blessings,
    Stacy

    P.S. I found you via The Magic Onions and have enjoyed visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are fantastic! I love the *layers* of creativity in this project!

    ReplyDelete