"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pages

Sunday, 5 July 2009

Summer wildflowers

Here's what we're loving.

Pink foxgloves.

Red poppies.

White ox-eye daisies.

Yellow archangels. (part of the dead nettle family)

8 comments:

  1. Oh Kelly, these flowers are so beautiful, I particularly love Foxgloves, soooo lovely!

    Thanks about the spinning, I love it and Jenna is learning now too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda
    Foxgloves are a favourite of ours too. There are so many growing in clumps along the countryside roads - just beautiful. Poisonous though!
    I am spinning this weekend too. It is a wonderful craft. Hope Jenna takes to spinning too. Sol is getting along well on the drop spindle. I want to buy him a lovely one of his own.

    Best wishes and keep warm
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous flowers, foxgloves are certainly a favorite!
    I have never seen the archangels before, how lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gardenmama,
    I so love the comments you leave here - thank you for visiting! You know, those archangels can easily go unnoticed but they certainly are quietly beautiful although the plants are apparently quite troublesome in some places. There are always so many beautiful things to love and admire in nature.
    Have a lovely day
    Best wishes
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelly

    I just love red and black poppies. They make such a statement in the garden. Of course my all time favourites are the foxgloves. I just planted some today.

    Its nice to see all the garden posts on blogs lately.

    XX
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love the foxgloves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzanne
    When we visited France we made a trip to a beautiful little town called Briquebec. The roadsides leading to the town had so many beautiful patches of foxgloves. The boys and I kept yelping with delight! I am sure your garden is very beautiful, Suzanne. Mine is quite shabby really, I'm ashamed to say. I spend more time out in the countryside than in our garden. I should try harder to give the garden more attention. So many plans all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jessica
    Just visited your wonderful blog. I look forward to visiting again very soon.
    Foxgloves are indeed something special.
    Best wishes
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete