We had a tea party


and played lots and lots of dragon and knights. I was the dragon and the three boys the St Georges.


There is something else special about today. It is the date the great William Shakespeare was born and died. We have been reading 'Tales from Shakespeare' Charles and Mary Lamb and 'Beautiful Stories from Shakespeare' by E Nesbit. We aim to get around to doing some simple performances.
From Shakespeare's Henry V,
'I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge
Cry God for Harry, England and St George!'.
Such a beautiful tribute to the wonderful William Shakepeare! I wish we could have been at that yummy and fun tea party!
ReplyDeleteDid Shakespeare die on his birthday? shame! Go the St Georges!
ReplyDeleteLisa,
ReplyDeleteIt would ahve been lovely to have friends join us!
Magic Onions, yes apparently Shakespeare died on his birthday. Interesting hey! I really, really love Shakespeare's writing.
I thought I commented to this, but I guess I didn't! :)
ReplyDeleteI love the dress up.
The tea party looks lovely!
Kelly, just found your blog (thanks to the post you left on mine :) and it's amazing! I'm going to have fun digesting it. Your tea party was absolutely lovely and your boys are really adorable. Leave it to Mom to be the dragon :) - sounds like you all had a marvelous day!
ReplyDeleteHi Kelly
ReplyDeleteI can just imagine three little knights...What a lovely tea in the garden. Love the flowers around the cake.
XX
Suzanne
Hi Stephanie,
ReplyDeleteThanks for your words. It's great fun to dress up and have a good play. Enjoy your weekend. I am sure it will be action filled!
Best wishes
Kelly
Suzanne, We have several beautiful trees covered in blossom at the moment. It is snowing petals in our garden - very beautiful. Perfect for tea parties and lots of imaginative play.
Jen
Thanks for visiting and for your lovely comment. Our tea party was great fun. I am loving your blog too - it is great! What beautiful twin girls you have!
Beautiful x
ReplyDelete