"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air..." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pages

Friday, 27 March 2009

Other random bits from the week

Planting more seeds.  See our special guardian of the seeds!


We've been watching raisins bob and dance in a jar of bubbly water.

Baking bread.

Spinning.  I aim to spin a bobbin a day so I can keep improving...

See me go - breastfeeding and spinning..lol!

Pictures of that coin we dug up.  It is 1916 not 1912 and features King George V (1910-36) and on the other side is the allegorical figure of the warrior queen Britannia leaning on a rock with a trident and shield which symbolizes Britain's mastery of the seas and worldwide empire at that time.  

8 comments:

  1. Breastfeeding & spinning...now that's multi-tasking. :) The coin is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just the best! Breastfeeding and spinning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *interesting* guardian - made from mud?

    I like the idea of bfeeding and spinning - I bfed and knitted/crocheted (one of the reasons I continued to do both so much was because it was one thing I could do at the same time as feeding).

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi kelly. I feel like i have been away for ages. We are on holiday in knysna in the cape. I am yet to see such beauty. We are awe struck. I will be posting pics when i get back. Your week of activity looks lovely. Aaron has his eye on that old coin . . Finding coins are one of his favourite treasure finds. Thanks for providing all the history behind it. See you in blog land soon. Ps . That breastfeeding picture is adorable. Well done on the gorgeous spun wool. Makes me want a spinning wheel. Might be on my christmas list. Stay well , blessings . Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks wonderful to me!

    We've been meaning to try that raisin experiment, too.

    The coin is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I have been breastfeeding continually for six and a half years now so can pretty much do anything whilst breastfeeding lol! I can't bear to just sit there.

    That little seed guardian is made from mud and sticks.

    The coin certainly is a wonderful find!

    Suzanne, I have been missing you!! Thank you for all your encouraging words. What an amazing holiday you must all be having. Looking forward to seeing pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kelly,

    We are in the middle of rennovations and it is hectic in our house at the moment, but I had to post when I saw you breastfeeding by your spinning wheel. What a beautiful photo, I am also still breastfeeding my little one and whenever I sit down, he is up on my lap asking for 'milkey', so I have gotten used to feeding wherever I am. Precious....

    Warmly

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda,
    Goodness, things must be manic with the house renovations! Lovely that you are still breastfeeding your little one. It is amazing what can be done at the same time as breastfeeding, hey. Here, we have 'happy milk'!

    ReplyDelete